Wednesday, February 15, 2012

There is a crack...

I decided to get my 'creative' on this week and do a canvas for my Mister for V day. I am a complete novice at painting but was inspired by two different projects on the Beautiful Mess blog. This one and this one. A form planned in my little head... and this is how I did it.







1. First I divided the 8 inch canvas into a grid and began painting random squares in the first colour. 2. I ended up using 4 different colours to ensure I didn't have the same colour in touching squares. 3. I then applied a light white wash the entire surface. I did a couple of layers of this in an attempt to tone down the super brightness of the coloured squares.


Finally, I added my Mister's favourite lyric from Leonard Cohen's song The Anthem. And Ta Da! Tis done. I gave it to him last night, I think he was chuffed.



No comments:

Post a Comment