Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello Bali Belly

We've been here a week and it was no surprise when Little Miss threw up her guts this morning. She's ok now. Thank goodness for episodes of Peppa Pig on the iphone, not sure how I would have convinced her to lay down and rest otherwise. Ben and myself have thus far avoided the same fate.

The rest of the week has been fabulous of course.

We had a lovely local lady named Agung come on Friday to babysit Ivy. Ben and I stayed for about an hour or so to see how they went and they were giggling and playing together in no time. Across the road from our villa there is a very randomly, but conveniently, placed Bird Museum which has a kids play room so they both wandered up there before too long and Ben and I took the chance to go 'adventuring' alone.

Our type of 'adventuring' is quite lazy compared to most. It consisted of being driven in airconditioned comfort to a couple of market places then to our favourite Italian restaurant and deli for lunch. From the deli we picked up some fresh bread, ham, cheese and tomato to take home for dinner, costing us a whopping $5. Good Bali.

Wednesday was quite a big day at Waterbom Park in Kuta. A sure way to feel ashamed of being Australian is to sit there on a recliner and watch the deluge of your bogan countrymen and women walk by. Bintang singlets, braided hair, lobster skin, dropping f-bombs at the kids. Bad bali.

The slides and pools were heaven for Ivy. We took her on an enclosed (very dark) slide first up and she laughed and squealed her head off. Benny was so proud! Then we showed her the more tame one and it became her instant favourite. I was ok with that since it ended in the 'Lazy River', a gentle stream you can float around in your tube, totes more my style.

There's a host of other tacky touristy things to do there so we had Ivy's portrait done and I put my feet in a tank of fish that ate off all the dead skin... yes... a bit 'ew' but surprisingly a bit nice. Felt a little like light pins and needles. Strangest thing though is that it actually worked. My feet have never been so smooth. Guess I should just get my hair braided now?




1 comment:

  1. Those fish Spa things were making me giggle like a little girl when I was in Thailand!!!

    ReplyDelete