Sunday, March 4, 2012

The little creek that wanted to be a river...

Up until about noon today it has been raining NON-STOP in my part of the world for 7 days straight. Deadset... I kid you not... drizzle followed by more drizzle with several downpours a day thrown in also. I was starting to get a little depressed/angry/frustrated with it all yesterday. Particularly knowing several families of muddy strangers footprints would be tramping through our house at 12pm to see if they might like to buy it. I quickly had to remind myself of our neighbouring towns who really did have problems with their houses being inundated and roads cut.

Anyhoo, this afternoon it finally STOPPED! Now, I'm not an excersice freak, but I know I need to do some on a regular basis or I would look like Grimace after not too long. Needless to say I had done NONE all week and with some nudging from Mister I got my gear on this afternoon and went for a run down to the creek near our house. I knew it would be full and flowing but I was still surprised at HOW full and flowing it was! The path was cut in several places and I was easily persuaded to give up on my running intentions and just enjoy being outside. Glad I had decided to take my phone for music instead of the shuffle. Was able to snap a few pics for show and tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment